Friday, January 29, 2010

Taking back what is ours


As mothers, wives, girlfriends, women we tend to put others before ourselves. I know growing up my own mother had things she wished for, my friends mother's were the same way.... Recently I have had several conversations with my friends that are inspiring. Some are married some are single some have kids others don't.

I have been looking for inspiration.. and it is always nice to look to those I love. We know our family and friends and yet there are so many hidden stories . I value and appreciate everyone even more.

I have a friend who started going out with friends again, taking time away from work to be herself. I was pleased to hear she had started taking pictures again something she loves. My heart has ached for her over the last year as she has had family deaths, work trials and the normal everyday things that being a wife and a mother bring. I wanted to hug her and tell her I was proud of her for doing something for herself.

I have another friend who has started writing again, she is witty and creative, her wicked sense of humor is so sharp that I smile whenever I talk to her. I love to read her stories and poems they are fantastic. I am so excited she has started working on her book it is going to be amazing and no one but her could write the story.

I have friends who are working on their dream houses, working on their careers , friends who are taking time to cook or exercise, write, draw, paint. With all of these wonderful people I can't help but feel inspired. I want to be more, do more and live more just because I know them. There is this possibility surrounding me.

We all have our day to day challenges, trying to figure out what step to take next, and the pitfalls of self doubt. I wish everyone success and happiness I believe in you I have faith in you and I can't wait to see how it all comes out.

I feel I can go to the drawing board and find something within myself to be more than I was today. Good Luck everyone .

No comments: