Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Dip

When the weather is cold and snowy I love to make this dip. This is excellent for parties and potlucks and just in general anytime, I have to admit it is a favorite. Today I had a terrible scare, I only have this recipe saved on a printed e-mail. I have been meaning to type it up and save it so I won't loose it, yet somehow I hadn't gotten around to it. I almost lost the sheet today..... can you imagine ! So I typed it right away have decided to share it immediately for fear of it being lost ! I love to share recipes anyway and I have been meaning to email it to several people so here is the famous Spinach Artichoke Dip !

Spinach Artichoke Dip

10-12 servings

35 minutes to cook

1 (10oz.) box of frozen spinach chopped ( thaw and

squeeze out excess liquid)

1 (14 oz) can of artichoke hearts drained and chopped

1 C. shredded parmesan-Romano cheese mix

½ C. shredded mozzarella cheese

10 Oz. prepared alfredo sauce

1 tsp minced garlic

4 Oz. Softened cream cheese

pepper to taste and optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Combine ingredients thoroughly spread mixture into baking dish ( I use 8x8)

Bake for 25-35 minutes until cheese is bubbling cheese is melted

Serve with chips, bread, crackers, or vegetables

I often double the recipe .

No comments: